Tweet This!!

Monday, November 14, 2011

REVIEW: PIRATES OF ADEN

PIRATES OF ADEN

By: Daniel Rasic


SYNOPSIS: Dr. Paul Alban has tried hard to forget. He's managed to carve out a quiet and relatively anonymous existence with his girlfriend Ellen while working as a physician in Somalia. But when a Somali pirate is injured during the hijacking of a cargo ship and brought to his clinic for treatment in the coastal town of Bosasso, the demons of his past threaten to destroy the future he's trying to protect.



I found that there were plenty of reviews giving the plot summary and details so I thought it best to just share how I felt about the work.

Being a lover of YA romance and paranormal books of all kinds I was worried when the opening scene involved the American Government and the heart pounding intricacies of water boarding, but I continued on and was very happy that I did.

I liked the offering of the “bad” guy’s side of the story through his own eyes, as we ride along with the pirates and learn of their background, troubles and motivations.

Dr. Paul Alban is a moving character who is fighting to keep his world the way he has worked so hard make it. While in the beginning I found him difficult to cheer for in the end I loved him more for all of his faults.

There are points in the story that feel akin to a giant melting pot of twists and plot surprises but the literary stew that Rasic brings out of that pot is well worth it!

Many  sections were beautifully written, some scenes almost seem to flow like lines of poetry, while others faltered a little in wording, a simple once over revision to clear repetitive wording would polish this novel into a top ten easily. Strong characters, plot twists to spare, but wonderfully assembled into one amazing adventure!

Graphic, breathtaking, and full of action, Pirates of Aden is not for the weak of stomach!

After reading Pirates of Aden, I think I will stray more often from my genre of choice and into a more wildly action packed world of action thrillers!

·         Paperback: 464 pages

·         Publisher: Wings Epress (2011)

·         Language: English

·         ISBN-10: 1613099924

·         ISBN-13: 978-1613099926


ON AMAZON HERE
Direct from Wings e-Press HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment