Tweet This!!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

REVIEW: In My Mind's Eye

In My Mind’s Eye

By: Justin Marciano

Synopsis:
 Chased by the Klan, assaulted by family, influenced by friends, and shaped by environment, this narrative takes the reader through one man's life as a suburban teenager in Connecticut. The story is told in narrative shorts that go from violence to the guilt of stealing from a church. The reader will feel sympathy in one story, anger in the next and frustrating humor throughout. The author purposely takes the reader on a joyride through the lunacy that is captured in every story. The author's perspective emanates from every page. Open the book and be captured by the elegant insanity that becomes In My Mind's Eye.

In this quick and entertaining read the author Justin Marciano takes us on an emotional journey through his childhood. Reminiscent of “Sh*t My Dad Says” there are points where you don’t know whether to laugh or call CPS!
Witty and full of surprises this is a great read for anyone who has overcome parents that love you, in their own special way.
While some readers may be put off by the language or the ADHD jumps from one story to another, I found it all endearing and refreshingly honest. We all have those moments in our childhood that make or break us, author Justin Marciano just happened to have a book full of them.
I loved the humor, the emotion the honesty. My only complaint was the length, I wanted more!
·         Paperback: 128 pages
·         Publisher: CreateSpace (August 3, 2011)
·         Language: English
·         ISBN-10: 1461151902
·         ISBN-13: 978-1461151906
·         Product Dimensions: 8 x 5.2 x 0.3 inches
·         Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)



3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book. I like books that are a bit different and from what you described this one is uinque. The perspective sounds fascinating.

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I live in CT- so the fact that this book is set in my state is appealing. I like the premise of the book and from your review it sounds like a fascinating read. I had not heard of the book before- so thanks for sharing!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This certainly sounds like a book with a fresh voice. It is always fun to read something a bit different. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete