Tweet This!!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Alas the summer ends!

As the Texas heat and lack of rain pounds my small home town into the dust, the end of summer smiles from the horizon. While I look gleefully forward to cooler temps and the possibility of rain, I will not miss my long uninterrupted days to write, read and blog.

With the end of summer comes the beginning of the work week, and a vast slowing of all my literary progress. I work as an educational aid in a junior high, and after eight long hours of running from class to class, reteaching the same lesson throughout seven class periods and dealing with a heart defect that leaves me absolutely drained on a non work day, I find my writing suffering the effects.

I will trudge onward though, just with less haste, like molasses uphill as my grandfather would say. Aside from finding inventive ways of letting my children win at board games as well as finding even more inventive ways of beating them , reading and writing are what make me happy. So it must go on regardless of how tired I am or how late the hour has become.

There is nothing more invigorating than finding a character in a book or creating one yourself that you can latch onto and follow into the very bowels of hell. To stand with them as they face down the perils that make them the person they are, to laugh with them and cry with them, and to love them so much that even when the book as reached it's end you carry them with you.

So bear with me as I try to fit my life into a schedule that lacks enough time and free space for me to cram everything I want, need and desire into it. The reviews may come slower but they will still be packed with enthusiasm and love for all the new characters I meet along the way.

As for my books, there are here waiting for me. My characters hanging in whatever predicament I left them, patiently holding on until I can scoop them up and move them through the tragedy I have made of their lives.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I love your feedback and comments so much, they mean the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment